PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

New Work Out Plan

I got a call two weeks ago from my college roommate, Em, and she invited me to go to Hawaii in October. I was ecstatic about going, but it caused me to take a long hard look at how much I have let myself go over the last few years. It is embarrassing. Really really embarrassing. So, on this note, I ordered Power 90 (by the same people who made P90X) and started Saturday, July 9th. I am committing to 90 days of work outs 6 days a week. There are 2 workouts, cardio and sculpt. About half way through, I switch to slightly longer work outs.

Here are my thoughts on the first three days.

Day 1 : Weights have never been my thing. But, I powered through it, and the band they sent with the kit is too hard, so I went to target and bought some small weights. They are 3 lbs. Small, I know, but I want to start slow. I can always move up. The work out is 28 minutes, and there are three short stretching breaks.

Day 2 : I noticed my arms were a bit sore, but not bad. Sunday was cardio. I have always preferred cardio. It was fun. I definitely sweat a ton, and felt a lot more confident than I did on the sculpt workout. I had a bit of an issue with the power yoga, but I will get the hang of it. It ended with 100 crunches 10 of 10 different types.

Day 3 : Today my abs are definitely sore. But, in a good way. Back to sculpt. I am surprised by how much more I liked the weight lifting today than I did on Saturday. It was almost fun. I need major work on pushups, but that is what this is all about, right? Three days in!

I am going to give myself a small treat each week that I complete. I took a before picture, but I am not posting it until I have a comparison. My goals are not in pound terms, but rather to be more in shape and have my clothes fit better. Hopefully, I can rock a swimsuit in Hawaii. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment